Thursday 1 July 2010

Enjoying Every Last Drop

Kristen Stewart has played Bella Swan, the young woman at the center of the hugely successful “Twilight” franchise, in three films now. But she isn’t tired of her vampire-loving alter-ego. “Everybody always asks, ‘It must be so exhausting, you must be so sick of her.’ It’s like, ‘No.’ It’s like writing a thesis as opposed to writing a paper.”

It’s a good thing she isn’t sick of Bella yet, as Stewart has two more films to complete in the series. The 20-year-old spoke with us about splitting the last book into two parts, taking on “On the Road,” and the madness of the MTV Movie Awards.

Are you excited about stretching the last book, “Breaking Dawn,” over two movies?

I’m excited. The fans are going to love it because we’re going to have the time to tell the whole story. What happens when you try to cram such a long story into an hour and a half, the first things that are skimmed off the top are the things I love the most, which are details and the little things that make the characters who they are.

Besides “Breaking Dawn,” you’re soon filming “On the Road.”

It’s finally getting made, which is really a miracle. I can’t believe I’m this age at this time when it finally gets made. Somebody the other day was like, “There’s really no plot.” I was like, “What the f— are you talking about?” There is such a line, and with every single character. I wrote a paper on that, and told [director] Walter Salles about it in a meeting that I had with him. I was like, “It’s not very smart, but you should read it, because you can tell that I really love it.” I mean, I was in the eighth grade.

“Twilight” had a good run at the MTV Awards, didn’t it?

I know. It feels weird. There are other movies that are really good every year, and because of our fan base, we’re going to win the [votes]. I hope there’s not too much resentment. [Rob and I] felt like f—ing king and queen of the prom. I never went to high school, so it was like, “Oh, this is what it’s like.”

You and Robert Pattinson won the Best Kiss category, but who were you rooting for: you and Rob or you and Dakota Fanning for “The Runaways”?

I would’ve been really proud if me and Dakota had won. Had she been there, I would’ve done the whole build-up that me and Rob did last year, and then just stop and say, “This just doesn’t feel right. Dakota, where are you?” That would’ve been so funny.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment