Friday 9 July 2010

'Vampires Suck' Trailer Hits The Internet: Look, Another Vampire Spoof!


Well, "The Twilight Saga," I guess it's a sign that you've made it when an entire movie is created to spoof just you. Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, the guys who directed "Date Movie," "Epic Movie," "Disaster Movie" and "Meet the Spartans" (and wrote the "Scary Movie" franchise) are now taking aim at sparkly vampires in their upcoming "Vampires Suck," due out August 18.

Based on the trailer for the film, it looks like they at least did their research enough to watch all the trailers and clips of the first three films that hit the Internet. "This summer, the most extraordinary story of our generation bites the big one," they promise about the movie, describing themselves as "the guys who couldn't sit through another vampire movie." Umm, didn't they hear this movie was already made months ago?

There are a couple smart, funny rips on "The Twilight Saga" in the trailer, such as when "Jacob" takes off his shirt while talking with "Bella," explaining that his contract stipulates he take his shirt off every 10 minutes of screen time, and a Team Jacob fan shovelwhacking a Team Edward fan during the reunion scene in Rome.

But Jacob transforming into a Chihuahua? Evil Iguana did that one better in their "New Moon" trailer spoof. And what's with all the "Alice in Wonderland," Lady Gaga and "Jersey Shore" (kind of funny) jokes? There have been plenty of other vampire films and TV shows out there to be taken aim at, with "True Blood" and "Vampire Diaries" being the obvious choice.

The spoof movies coming from Jason and Aaron have never been good, so we wouldn't expect them to start now, but it seems like they're getting especially lazy with this one. We understand that a title proclaiming "Vampires Suck" might be enough to get some of the male audience that refuses to go see "The Twilight Saga," but someone still could have taken the time and effort to make sure this spoof was… wait, who are we kidding? This summer has proven that Hollywood only cares about films that make money, not films that are quality.

Are we being too harsh on this spoof? Did you think it was funny?

mtv.com

4 comments:

  1. actually this movie is hilarious..
    was cry laughing the whole movie :) well made, awesome sense of humor..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this movie is going to be great for all those out there that didn't like the Twilight saga. I personally think that its going to be awesome and I'm a mega Twilight fan myself. I have no problem with this movie being made at all. But I guess it's pretty much each for their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, my name is Ulrikke and I'm from Norway so my english isn't very good xD

    I'm a big fan of twilight, and this movie isn't super good news for me... I think they're making fun of what other loves. Why even care about twilight if you don't like it? Well, i have to admit that some scenes were a bit funny, but I don't think the movie will be so good. I'm gonna watch it anyway... really, I think it's stupid that they actually care enough to make such a stupid movie. But it may be good, we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a former fan of the twilight series( the books.. not the movie *crap sucked*) i think this spoof is gonna be a big hit in theaters. I lovd the trailers i was cracking up!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete