Friday 27 November 2009

Ashley Greene Likes Fighting Boys, Not Girls


Ashley Greene would rather duke it out with a boy than a girl. The Twilight Saga: New Moon actress is a huge fan of martial arts and says it makes her feel tough and empowered when she fights with guys.

She said: “I think part of it is that it’s really empowering and part of it is because it’s fun. It’s incredible to see what your body can do and what you’re capable of and not needing a weapon to defend yourself is a really great thing.

It puts my dad at ease and gives him a little piece of mind. I started doing martial arts when I was really young and I ended up sparring with boys instead of girls because I was that into it and I didn’t want to beat up the girls. It’s a fun thing and I’ve always been really athletic.”

Ashley, 22, is planning on increasing her martial arts training after being put through her paces by the trainers on the third instalment of the vampire franchise The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.
She told OK! magazine: “I’m definitely going to get more involved in it. When we were filming Eclipse we had fight training for about six weeks, so that kind of re-sparked that bug. I had a personal trainer on top of that and they had us do mixed martial arts fighting as well.”

source

No comments:

Post a Comment