Thursday 26 November 2009

Rob's Interview with One Magazine






What is Edward mood to the beginning of New Moon?
In this sequel Edward and Bella have to face the bitter truth. They have to discover how strong their love really is. When Edward leaves Bella he thinks he saves her life, but he basically destroys her meaning of life. This movie is more tragic than the first one. Edward changes throughout the film – to the beginning he truly believes that the only way to save Bella’s life is to leave her. Only the incidents which exceed by far his imagination make him realize that it is a necessity for Bella and him to be together.

Before twilight you played mainly roles in small independent movies? Why?
After Harry Potter I could have played in many teen-movies, but I didn’t have any interest in that. I prefered serious projects, like Little Ashes; I play the painter Salvador Dali in this movie. I really love this movie, even though it was quite difficult. I had to shoot a love-scene with a guy, although I barely ever kissed a woman in front of the camera. (laughs)

How do you imagine your further career when you finish the twilight saga?
My aim is to play as many different parts as possible because I don’t want to end up with vampire roles only. To play comedies isn’t really in my nature, that would be a big challenge for me. That’s why I look for roles which enhance my personal development and help me to go further my own limits. Unfortunately, people rarely offer me interesting stuff. There aren’t really many good scripts… I don’t want to be an actor just for the sake of it, because I have never really enjoyed being in the spotlight.

Is it true, that you almost gave up acting because of music?
There have been times, when I worked for only 10 days a year and I played roles that didn’t really convinced me. And I have never really understood why exactely I got rejected for projects, while I seemed to fit into other roles.
Whereas music was something I could do by myself and it seemed more logical for me to go on with this way. But as a musican I would have died of starvation most likely. (laughs)

But there is only positiv response to your songs on the twilight soundtrack…
Thank you, but I think it was wrong that I agreed with being on the OST. I have the feeling, that I utilized the situation, I didn’t deserve it. I felt like a fool. But it was a good thing for some of my musician friends I grew up with and who wrote a song for the OST as well. Because of this, they are touring across the USA in sold out places. The success of the saga did change their life und that’s fantastic for them. Twilight-fans are really loyal, maybe even fanatical and they are interested in everything that is connected to the series.

How was it to be on set with Kristen once again?
The chemistry between us is just right and to shoot with her makes it really easy for me. I was a little nervous with the thought of replaying my character, but Kristen helped me with getting into role again.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment