Sunday 12 September 2010

Kristen Stewart Has Cinema Bond

Kristen Stewart has revealed bonded with rocker Joan Jett - who she plays in new rock biopic 'The Runaways' - over their love of movies.

Kristen Stewart loves old movies.

The 20-year-old actress bonded with musician Joan Jett - who she portrays in new rock biopic 'The Runaways' - over their similar cinema tastes.

Explaining how they became friends, Kristen said: "I watch a lot of 70s movies.

"I love all of Stanley Kubrick movies. I love old independent movies like John Cassavetes' movies. Joan was watching funny stuff when she was younger. There's this tape of her when she's 14 so I could hear how she spoke, and it's so different. Now she's very New York and raspy, but back in the day she was light; she was a kid and she just talked about a movie that was funny."

Although the 'Twilight' star is close to 51-year-old Joan she never goes to her for advice, instead they swap stories about their lives.

She added: "She completely understands where I'm coming from. I mean, we're both fairly, unabashedly ourselves, so the advice sort of stops there, do you know what I mean? She says, 'Just be real, just say what you mean.' " (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment