Thursday 16 September 2010

Michael Kors Helps Nikki Choose A Dream Dress

Talk about a glam slam! Eva Chen tags along as Michael Kors helps Nikki Reed choose a dream dress for Teen Vogue's Young Hollywood party.

Some people, dear readers, just love being in the public eye. They'll jump at any chance to walk a red carpet or zoom in front of the camera at the slightest hint of a shutter snap. Not me! Despite all appearances, I am totally camera shy. I love a good red carpet--but from the sidelines, with a notepad and pen in hand for interviews, or reading all about it in tabloids. (Confession: I can trace my phobia to the time I was forced to walk the red carpet right behind Sienna Miller--a phalanx of paparazzi shrieking for her and one lone, sad flashbulb flickering for me.)

Of course, if you're a celebrity like, say, Twilight star Nikki Reed, you'd better love being in the spotlight. "I'm used to it after walking on over a hundred red carpets in the last two years, but it never really feels normal," she recently confided to me as we browsed the Michael Kors store on New York City's Madison Avenue. "I never think, Geez, I look hot. It's usually such a whirlwind that I don't even know what I really look like with hair and makeup until I see a picture of myself the next day."That afternoon Nikki and I were on the hunt for the perfect frock for her to wear to Teen Vogue's Young Hollywood Party, an annual powwow of the silver and small screens' most promising talent. And as if shopping with Nikki wasn't quite "Is my life surreal or what?" enough, we were joined by none other than, oh, the king of the red carpet himself, Michael Kors. You see, Kors had recently created a fragrance that was pretty much perfect for Nikki: Very Hollywood Michael Kors Sparkling (a yummy blend of mandarin, black currant, and neroli). Inspired by Nikki's nascent stardom, he came to the fashion aid of the not-so-in-distress damsel. And Kors, being so very Kors, got along smashingly with Nikki. So much so that it was hard for Beauty Blogger to get a word in edgewise--a rare occurrence. Take, for instance, this rapid-fire exchange (which occurred within a minute):

Michael Kors: I'm so excited to be dressing you because if there's one thing I love, it's a girl who has a real body--I love curves--and one with a healthy glow.

Nikki Reed: Lucky for you, I have plenty of both! For a long time, I fought my natural gifts. But now that I'm in my 20s, I understand that it really is about loving your body and working with what you have. I don't need to look like a runway model.

TeenVogue

No comments:

Post a Comment