Friday 21 August 2009

Ben, Jackson & Shiloh All Auditioned For R-Pattz's Edward Cullen Role


TWILIGHT director Catherine Hardwicke has revealed who Robert Pattinson beat to the part of Edward Cullen.
Catherine said that there were three other finalists up for the part of Edward and she referred to them as ‘Bachelor one, two, three and four’.

She told fans at a convention in Arizona that actors Jackson Rathbone, Ben Barnes (who starred in Easy Virtue with Jessica Biel), and Shiloh Fernandez (who starred in Cadillac Records) were all up for the part.

Jackson eventually won the part of Cullen vampire Jasper Hale while Robert stole the most-wanted role.

And Catherine says it was Kristen who insisted Rob was the perfect Edward.

She previously revealed: “They came to my house - they had just met. I said, 'I know you just met, but I need you to do this scene. We're gonna do it in my bedroom, on the bed - and you're really gonna kiss’.

"Kristen already had to kiss three other guys that day, she was kind of sleepy and just hanging out - and then Robert appeared in the room.

"He was a bit nervous, because suddenly you've just met a girl and you're going to start making out with the person - and someone is filming.

"They had to do it three times, the first time, they went a little too far, and I was like, 'I can't show this to anybody at the studio!'

“After we finished the whole thing and we had met bachelors one, two, three and four, Kristen said, 'It has to be Rob.' She basically threatened me."

source

No comments:

Post a Comment