Thursday 6 August 2009

Peter Clears - Up Nude Volturi Rumor

In all the "Twilight" fandom, there are few actors as beloved as Peter Facinelli, and for good reason. Whether he's attending celebrity softball games, taking phone calls from his wife or making a grown man dance in a bikini for their entertainment, the veteran actor is every bit as caring and compassionate to Twilighters as Dr. Carlisle Cullen himself.

While at TwiCon this past weekend, we caught up with Peter to discuss the nude-Volturi scandal, "New Moon" and why he wants to dress like a giant banana.

MTV: So, Peter, are you going to head over to the convention floor here at TwiCon and buy any "Twilight" merchandise?

Peter Facinelli: No, I don't buy them. Because it's like, if you live in the state, you don't go to the local tourist attractions. I mean, I'm in that world of "Twilight," so I don't walk around with a Carlisle T-shirt. But it is pretty fantastic when you see these fans that have the tattoos of the Cullen crest and words from the books tattooed on them. ... Their dedication is beyond anything I've ever seen.

MTV: There was a vicious storm Friday night here in Dallas, thunder and everything. Did the Cullens bring the rain with them?

Facinelli: Yeah, I noticed that. I got here and it was sunny, and then I looked out the window again, and it was pouring. I thought, "Oh, what a great day for vampires!"

MTV: We saw two awesome "New Moon" clips at Comic-Con. So what did you think of Edward as an apparition?

Facinelli: I don't know; I haven't seen it.

MTV: You were in San Diego, but you didn't see the footage?

Facinelli: No, I didn't get to see it. Some of the fans have seen more than I have. It's so surreal.

MTV: Wow! Well, speaking of what you've seen: We interviewed Jamie Campbell Bower recently, and he was talking about a scene that you guys filmed for "New Moon."

Facinelli: Right, I read that. The flashback where they're all bathing in the Roman bath.

MTV: Chris Weitz says the scene doesn't exist. Can you set the record straight?

Facinelli: No, they were naked. It was really weird! I mean, I come in and I'm in full 18th-century garb, and they're in the Roman bath. Maybe it's a surprise or something ...

MTV: Are you messing with me?

Facinelli: [Laughs.] Yeah, I was. I thought [Bower's joke] was really funny, so I was gonna try and roll with it. But no, there are no nude Volturi in "New Moon."

MTV: OK, we can appreciate a joke. But can you at least tell us: Did you really film a scene for Carlisle where he's meeting the Volturi?

Facinelli: We did film a flashback scene, but we're fully clothed in our garb from that era. It's pretty cool. I think people are going to dig that. I like doing the flashback scenes, because you get to dress up in different time periods. It's set in a time, I think the 1800s, where I have traveled to Italy and I was living with the Volturi.

MTV: How is it set up?

Facinelli: Edward is basically telling Bella the story of who the Volturi are, and then it flashes to scenes of me and the Volturi ... in the Roman bath. [Laughs.] No, we're not in the Roman bath. We're playing cards.

MTV: Playing cards?

Facinelli: [Laughs.] It's a secret, because it's not in the book. We can't give away all the secrets — you'll have to go and see the movie.

MTV: Your co-star Jackson Rathbone has been playing with his band all throughout TwiCon. Would you ever be willing to join him onstage and make it 101 Monkeys?

Facinelli: [Laughs.] You know, I keep telling him I want to dance in the banana suit. He has a guy that dances in a banana suit, and I said, "Can I come to your concert and dance in the banana suit?" I have no musical inclination at all — but I can dance in a banana suit like nobody's business.

MTV: I just hope we're there to film it.

Facinelli: Yes. [Laughs.] I hope so too.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment